All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me...You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
-Walt Disney

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Talking Mickey dances hip hop

Disney Dance Crew show debuted at DCA.  Mickey makes an appearance in the show to bring together two "rival" dance crews, preforming a hip hop dance.  



Not only is it strange to see Mickey dancing in his warmup suit, but it is not just any Mickey.  It is the new talking Mickey, part of the Living Character Initiative, which can talk and blink just like a real-life character.  I don't know about anyone else, but this seems like a waste of this incredible technology to stick it in this rediculous show, hidden in the back, mostly dead area of Hollywood Backlot at DCA.  And from what I've heard, the talking Mickey isn't even used for the Meet and Greet after the show.  He is switched out for a regular Mickey which is dressed the same.

I have seen the Mickey when he hosted the debut of World of Color at the media event.  He is incredible!  It's like Mickey is real.  I realize Disney is trying to draw people to the Backlot are, but I don't see how Disney could not find a show for him that could highlight his new abilities.  Just seems to be a waste to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment